get gorgeous calves
Your calves energize everything you do with your
legs. They help power your moves when walking,
running, biking and climbing stairs for starters. But
when it comes to lower body workouts these
muscles are the most bypassed, especially by
women. So next time you are at the gym, don’t stop
at your thighs. Choose moves that are key to great
looking, shapelier legs.
Rising up onto your toes works part of the calves, but it won’t guarantee
you get the job done. Performing moves with bent knees only or on a flat
surface will shortchange your sculpting benefits. Opt for moves that work
the calves through their full range of motion and do them with bent and
straight knees to better target your calve muscles.
For great results try this :
- Stand on the edge of a step or on a foam roller and center your belly
button over the top to maintain your balance.
- Hold a 20 to 30 pound barbell in both hands, palms facing forward, and
stand with feet shoulder width apart. Your grip should be slightly wider
than your legs.
- Squat down until bar rest on thighs, just above the knees. Pull abs in and
keep chest high and shoulders back and down. Drop heels to toward the
- Keep upper body and hips still as you rise up onto your toes.
- Slowly lower heels toward floor and repeat. Do 8 to 12 reps.